How Long Does a Cracked Phone Screen Last?
A cracked phone screen can be an inconvenience for many smartphone users, and it’s important to understand how long does a cracked phone screen last.
The lifespan of a cracked phone screen can depend on various factors, such as the severity of the crack, the phone’s make, and model, and how the phone is used.
In this blog post, we will explore these factors and provide a comprehensive understanding of
how long a cracked phone screen can last, and provide some tips for maintaining the quality of your device’s display.
I’ll also share some information on ways to help reduce the risk of damage, such as using a quality case and avoiding dropping your phone or sitting on it.
Short answer: How Long a cracked phone screen depends on the extent of the damage. Minor cracks may last a while, but significant
damage can render the phone unusable for days or weeks. It’s best to get the screen repaired promptly to avoid further damage or injury. Read on to get the full information.
How Long Does a Cracked Phone Screen Last?
How long a cracked phone screen last depends on the severity of the damage.
If the crack is minor, the screen may continue to function normally for some time, although the crack may gradually spread over time, leading to further damage.
However, if the crack is significant and has caused damage to the display or internal components, the phone may become unusable in a matter of days or weeks.
In general, a cracked phone screen can last anywhere from a few days to several months or even longer, depending on the extent of the damage and how the phone is used.
You can also apply a screen protector to make your phone screen last longer. check out how long a screen protector last?
It’s essential to remember that using a phone with a cracked screen can pose a risk to the user, as small shards of glass can cause injury or potentially damage the phone’s internal components.
Therefore, it’s recommended that you get your phone screen repaired as soon as possible to avoid any further damage or injury.
Factors That Determine How Long a Cracked Phone Last
1. The severity of the crack
The size and depth of the crack can significantly affect how long the phone screen will last. A small hairline crack may not cause many issues, while a large crack can expand over time and cause the phone screen to become unresponsive or malfunction.
2. Make and model of the phone
The durability of the screen can vary depending on the phone’s make and model. Some phone manufacturers use tougher materials, such as Corning Gorilla Glass, which are less likely to crack and may last longer.
On the other hand, lower-end models may have less durable screens, making them more susceptible to cracking and reducing their lifespan.
3. Usage patterns
How the phone is used can impact the lifespan of a cracked screen.
For example, if the phone is frequently dropped or subjected to other impacts, the screen may deteriorate more quickly.
Similarly, if the phone is carried in a pocket or bag with other objects that could scratch or damage the screen, it may have a shorter lifespan.
4. Environmental factors
Exposure to heat, cold, or moisture can affect the lifespan of a cracked phone screen.
For instance, exposure to extreme heat or cold temperatures can cause the screen to expand or contract, potentially worsening any cracks.
Additionally, moisture can seep into the phone and cause further damage, which can result in a shorter lifespan for the cracked screen.
5. Quality of the screen
The quality of both the original screen and the replacement screen can impact how long the cracked phone screen will last.
Low-quality replacement screens may not fit or function properly, leading to a shorter lifespan.
On the other hand, high-quality replacement screens can provide a longer-lasting solution.
6. Care and maintenance
Regular cleaning and maintenance can help to prevent further damage and extend the lifespan of a cracked phone screen.
For example, cleaning the screen with a microfiber cloth and using a protective phone case can help to prevent scratches and other damage.
- How Long Do Flagship Phones Last?
- How Long Does An iPhone Battery Replacement Take?
- How Long Does It Take To Fix a Charging Port?
Can a Phone Survive With a Cracked Screen?
A phone can survive with a cracked screen, but it depends on the severity of the crack and the type of phone.
If the crack is small and doesn’t affect the phone’s display or touch sensitivity, then the phone should still function normally.
However, if the crack is large and affects the display or touch sensitivity, then the phone may become difficult or impossible to use.
Additionally, if the crack is allowing moisture or debris to enter the phone, it could cause further damage to the device over time.
- How Long Can a Laptop Record Video?
- How Long Can You Record Video On Android Phone?
- How Long Can a Laptop Stay In Sleep Mode?
Does a Cracked Screen Affect Battery Life?
A cracked screen itself does not directly affect the battery life of a phone.
However, if the crack causes damage to other components of the phone, such as the LCD or
digitizer, it could lead to increased power consumption and thus, reduced battery life.
When Should You Replace a Cracked Phone Screen?
You should replace a cracked phone screen as soon as possible, especially if the crack is severe or affecting the functionality of the device.
Is It Worth It To Fix a Cracked Screen?
Short answer: Yes, it is generally worth it to fix a cracked screen, especially if the device is relatively new or expensive.
A cracked screen can compromise the functionality of the device, make it difficult to use, and even cause further damage if left untreated.
Repairing the screen can help restore the device’s usability and prevent further problems down the line.
However, the decision ultimately depends on the cost of the repair and the value of the device to the owner.
How Do I Stop My Screen Crack From Spreading?
To stop a screen crack from spreading, you can take the following steps:
1. Avoid applying pressure: Avoid applying any pressure or force on the cracked area of the screen, as this can make the crack worse.
2. Cover the crack: You can use clear tape or a screen protector to cover the crack temporarily. This will help prevent further damage from occurring and keep any loose glass from falling out.
Watch how to apply a screen protector
3. Keep the device cool: Heat can cause the crack to spread, so it’s important to keep your device cool. Avoid using it in direct sunlight or hot environments.
4. Apply a temporary seal: If your phone’s screen has a minor crack, you can prevent it from worsening by applying a temporary seal.
To create this seal, use a substance known as cyanoacrylate.
To ensure that the entire crack is properly covered, tilt the phone back and forth while applying the compound.
5. Get it repaired as soon as possible: The best way to prevent the crack from spreading is to get it repaired as soon as possible.
The longer you wait, the more likely it is that the crack will become worse and the more expensive it may be to fix.
- How Long Does Ankle Monitor Last On Low Battery?
- How Many Years Does a Chromebook battery last?
- How Long Does 20 percent Battery Last on a MacBook Air
How Long Does It Take To Fix a Cracked Screen?
The time it takes to fix a cracked screen varies depending on the device type, the severity of the damage, and the availability of parts.
It can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days. It’s best to ask the repair shop or manufacturer for an estimated time of repair before leaving your device with them.
Will a Cracked Phone Screen Get Worse?
Yes, a cracked phone screen can get worse if left untreated. The crack can spread over time due to pressure, heat, or further impacts.
Even a small crack can weaken the screen’s structural integrity and make it more vulnerable to damage in the future.
In addition, the cracks can cause problems with the device’s touch screen, making it difficult to use or respond properly to touch inputs.
This can further affect the functionality of the device and make it harder to perform tasks or access important information.
How Much Does It Cost To Fix a Cracked Android Phone Screen
The cost of repairing a cracked Android phone screen varies depending on the make and model of the device, the severity of the damage, and where you take it for repair.
In general, it can cost anywhere from $50 to $300 or more to fix a cracked Android phone screen.
How To Make a Cracked Phone Screen Last Longer
If you have a cracked phone screen and need to extend its lifespan until you can get it repaired or replaced, here are a few tips to help you make it last longer:
1. Use a screen protector: A screen protector can help to prevent the crack from spreading further and provide an additional layer of protection to the screen.
2. Reduce phone usage: Limiting the use of your phone can help to prevent further damage to the cracked screen.
3. Avoid pressing on the cracked area: Applying pressure to the cracked area can cause the screen to break even more, so it’s best to avoid touching or pressing on the crack.
4. Keep the phone in a case: A protective case can help to cushion the phone and provide additional protection to the screen.
5. Avoid extreme temperatures: Exposure to extreme temperatures can damage the phone’s components, including the cracked screen. Therefore, it’s important to avoid exposing your phone to extreme heat or cold.
Facts About Cracked Phone Screen
- A cracked phone screen can be a safety hazard, as it can cause small pieces of glass to come loose and potentially injure the user.
- A cracked phone screen can compromise the functionality of the device, making it difficult or impossible to use certain features such as the touch screen or camera.
- Repairing a cracked phone screen can be expensive, depending on the device and the severity of the damage.
- Continuing to use a phone with a cracked screen can cause further damage to the device, as dirt and debris can enter through the cracks and cause problems with the internal components.
- A cracked phone screen can negatively impact the resale value of the device, as potential buyers may be hesitant to purchase a damaged device.
- If a phone screen is cracked due to a manufacturing defect, the manufacturer may be responsible for repairing or replacing the device.
- Some phone manufacturers offer warranties or insurance plans that cover the cost of repairing or replacing a cracked screen, but these plans may come with restrictions or require additional fees.
So, the answer to the question of how long a cracked phone screen will last is not simple, but
it does depend on the severity of the crack and the level of protection you offer your device.
If you want to keep your phone safe for longer, then investing in a sturdy case and screen protector is your best bet.
It may also be worth investing in a long-term warranty or repair plan, as this can save you money in the long-run if your screen does end up cracking.
Ultimately, the length of time your cracked phone screen will last depends on how well you look after it. So, be sure to give it the TLC it deserves.